Tuesday January 6, 2015
Everyone knows that the real reason people go to Super Bowl parties is the food. Here are some ideas for a memorable menu! (First rule, by the way: Make sure your guests arrive hungry and leave full!)
- Mini foods are in! They are easy to serve and devour. Just place them on a toothpick or stick for a lovely presentation.
- Incorporate foods from each team’s city, or include the teams’ colors in your recipes.
- Make sure there’s more than a boring old six-pack filling the cooler! Try creative cocktails and craft beers.
Once you’ve got the menu down, it’s time to decorate! Here are some ideas for festive decor!
- Create bags of football-themed confetti for celebrating TDs… or fumbles!
- Gather jerseys, old trophies and football paraphernalia that you may have around. They’re free… and free is always fun!
- Astroturf! This grassy imposter can be used to cover tables, create coasters, and even embellish your food spread.
Be prepared for downtime. In case conversation dies down or there’s an unexpected black out, having a few Super Bowl party games is a great idea. Drinking games, trivia games, betting games… the list is endless!
In the end, Super Bowl parties are mostly about cheering and booing together. So have fun, and focus on food, football and friends.
Weaver Homes is a Pittsburgh and Mars area new home builder featuring single family homes patio homes and custom homes. Visit www.weaverhomes.com for more information.